Tip of the Week

Monday, July 30, 2012

On the Hook: Crochet Frost Scarf

Besides knitting projects, I have a few crochet projects I am finishing.  One is a poncho with Lion Brand HomeSpun yarn, while the other is the Alpine Frost Scarf from the Best of Interweave Crochet book. You can also purchase the pattern individually at Raverly.com .

Anna's Yarn Shoppe chose S. Charles Collezione's Luna yarn, which is absolutely perfect for this project. I love the Luna yarn as it is a solid color with a bit of the metallic glitter and is a mohair-silk blend.  If you are new to crochet I would not recommend working with mohair as it can be tricky and if you make a mistake it can be very difficult to take out several stitches.  And if you use the Luna yarn in white the scarf resembles snowflakes.

The pattern itself is not very difficult once you get the stitch because it merely repeats the stitch.  We made a minor alternation to the pattern dimensions to make it more of a scarf than a scarf-wrap, which I will be adding to my raverly project page..  This will also be my first crochet project that I will need to block, but the blocking will enhance the appearance of the pattern stitches when complete.

You can follow my progress and notes as I work on the scarf at Raverly.com .  I will be posting photos as I finish the project, so stay posted for that.

Best of Interweave Crochet - Alpine Frost Scarf



No comments:

Post a Comment